Warning: 299 Elasticsearch-7.15.1 .... setup minimal security

Hi all,

I'm using Elasticsearch-Kibana-Filebeat (all v7.15.1) (Ubuntu 21.04) and I get this message at every Discover refreshing, or query

Warning: 299 Elasticsearch-7.15.1-83c34f456ae29d60e94d886e455e6a3409bba9ed "Elasticsearch built-in security features are not enabled. Without authentication, your cluster could be accessible to anyone. See https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/7.15/security-minimal-setup.html to enable security."

I understand that most of the users or in the most of cases it is common sense to set up a minimal security with user/password ... at least with "admin"/"admin" :slight_smile:

but our case is special one so set up minimal security is pointless and it would absolute "pain in ...."

My question is how can I terminally mute this warning?

Thanks!

1 Like

We have a public issue for it Spectacularly Annoying: Warning: 299 Elasticsearch-7.15.0-79d65f6e357953a5b3cbcc5e2c7c21073d89aa29 · Issue #78500 · elastic/elasticsearch · GitHub

The current solution is to explicitly disable security (though our normal recommendation is to enable it) with xpack.security.enabled: false. Again, please use this as a last resort because your cluster might benefit from having security enabled without you knowing it in advance.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

I definitely have to improve my googling skills. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.