Watcher's State - Error!

alerting

I just noticed that several of X-Pack Monitoring watcher's state is:

Error!

w/ comment

Execution Failing

Please advise.

(CJ Cenizal) #2

Hey Alexus, can you tell me what the name of the failing watch is? Thanks.

CJ

Error:

• X-Pack Monitoring: Cluster Status
  • X-Pack Monitoring: Nodes Changed
  • X-Pack Monitoring: Kibana Version Mismatch
  • X-Pack Monitoring: Logstash Version Mismatch

OK:

• X-Pack Monitoring: Elasticsearch Version Mismatch
  • X-Pack Monitoring: License Expiration

I also created several other "watch", one executes without any issues and rest shows blank in "Last Triggered"

(CJ Cenizal) #4

OK, so one of the watches which is failing is the elasticsearch_cluster_status watch. Could you execute this watch and share the output with me? You can run the watch like this:

POST /_xpack/watcher/watch/${cluster_uuid}_elasticsearch_cluster_status/_execute

The UUID should be visible in the Watches table, or you can get it from the _id value of the response from GET /.watches/_search?_source=_id.

Thanks,
CJ

@cjcenizal pretty sure I wouldn't be able to paste my answer here, so I pastebin it instead)

(CJ Cenizal) #6

Well, that's odd. That looks like a healthy watch. Could you share a screenshot of your watches table, showing the failed watches?

(Alexander Reelsen) #8

some moon shot from the current information: do you have an email account configured in your alerting setup, that maybe is not set up properly?

--Alex

for moon shot... it's like bullseyes)

my setup is testing environment, I'll try to configure email account and see if that resolves my issue...

(Alexander Reelsen) #10

would it be also possible to share the output of the watcher history for one of your watches where the run was failed?

Thanks a lot!

@spinscale, can you provide curl command?

(Alexander Reelsen) #12

If you only have the monitoring watches installed, you can just run this

GET .watcher-history-*/_search
{
  "sort": [
    {
      "result.execution_time": {
        "order": "desc"
      }
    }
  ]
}

might be too much output to put here, so please put it into a gist/pastebin or something.

(system) #13

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.