What is the best (and easiest) way to insert Elasticsearch into a website?

Hi there!
I'm writing a website in HTML and C#, in an offline environment (no global internet, on a private network).

I'm struggling with inserting and using Elasticsearch from the website code.
I've searched for tutorials all over the internet but all of them was missing some information (about what file, and what type of packages should I use to make it work that way).

Can anyone post here the easiest and fastest way to interact with Elasticsearch via visual studio and HTML?
Thanks in advance!

You are writing pure HTML code or are you generating the website from whatever content you have in a database.

If the former, you need to crawl your website. There are some open source solutions for this like

You can also look at Swiftype. There is an enterprise edition which does not require going on internet.

If the later, I'd extract the structured data from the database and index that instead of HTML pages which are not really structured.

Thanks for your reply!
That's a pure HTML.
I've indexed a few milions of jsons and I want to allow my users a full text search on them.
I'm trying to use asp.net website, but can't seem to "inject" Elasticsearch into use from the search bar.

That's a pure HTML.

Is confusing because then you write:

I've indexed a few milions of jsons

Which mean structured data somehow.

I'm trying to use asp.net website, but can't seem to "inject" Elasticsearch into use from the search bar.

I don't know what you mean actually.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.