What is the easiest way to download an extremely large data amount of data from kibana?

I have a lot of data I need a copy of thats currently stored in Kibana. As far as I know all of the data stored in indicies on the machine is in an unreadable format so I cannot simply copy the files. I tried generating a csv that I could download. The files ended up being too big even after I changed the size limit and query timeout limit. I am on kibana 6.5.1 and in a time crunch thanks for the help let me know if you need any more information from me.

I assume you're referring to the Elasticsearch data your accessing from within Kibana. If that is the case, there are a few ways:

• Export the data problematically yourself using the Scroll API.
  • Use software/plugins which already implement this API - one example of this is the elasticsearch-dump project.
  • Starting with X-Pack in 6.0 you can export CSV data within reporting in Kibana however this there is a limit to the size of these reports. If your looking to download more than 1G or so, this probably isn't the best option at this time.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.