"visualization": {
    "title": "My Pie chart",
    "visState": "{\"title\":\"My Pie chart\",\"type\":...}",
    "uiStateJSON": "{}",
    "description": "",
    "savedSearchId": "0b39a6f0-f260-11e8-bb77-7981feeefd13",
    "version": 1,
    "kibanaSavedObjectMeta": {
      "searchSourceJSON": "{\"filter\":[],\"query\":{\"query\":\"\",\"language\":\"lucene\"}}"
    }
  }
}

What is the use of title inside visState which is same as outer title? If I change it, then nothing changes in visualization, and no error is thrown. So what is the use of it? And does it need to be always same as outer title?

Looking through the Kibana source code it looks like this is typically kept in sync with the outer title field, though this could change in future versions I may be of more help if you could explain what you were trying to accomplish.

Thanks for the reply.
I am creating a page similar to managing kibana saved-objects, where we can edit the json. In kibana's management tab(/app/kibana#/management/kibana/objects) if I change the outer title and save, it doesn't change the inner title. But editing title from visualize tab(/app/kibana#/visualize/edit) changes the inner title as well as you said. Which got me confused that does it need to be same or not and where is it used.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.