What must I do with the "type" feature that not available anymore when Migrating 5.6.2 to Latest Stable

Hi,

We have a multi-tenant Elasticsearch index which works on 5.6.2 version. We have used the "type" feature that not available anymore. Now we want to migrate to the newest version but I think, we need some changes before migration.

Could you please give me a piece of advice about how must we recreate our index without the type feature?

We have currently only one index and we are using types and aliases.

For instance;
{
"_id": "p_21351",
"_index": "elk_3",
"_score": 1.0,
"_source": {
"createdDateTime": "2018-02-08T14:33:23.349748",
"customerId": 1,
"familyId": 1,
"id": 21351,
"ean": "8719574232124"
"name":"test product"
},
"_type": "product"
}
{
"_id": "a_1234",
"_index": "elk_3",
"_score": 1.0,
"_source": {
"createdDateTime": "2018-01-09T12:44:22.123412",
"customerId": 1,
"id": 1234,
"name":"Price",
"fieldType":"decimal"
},
"_type": "attribute"
}

We were filtering by the type all elastic search queries by default. Elasticsearch's newer versions do not support types anymore.
So what must we do for types? Should we use individual index per type? or should we use aliases per tenant and type? (e.g: elk_customerId_products)

I also wanted to know is it a bad or good decision to create the index per tenant for multi-tenant architecture system.

Best Regards
Emir

Isn't it clear? Won't anyone comment?

Take a look at the removal of mapping types docs, which has some options for migrating from multi type indices to single type.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.