Learn about Elastic 8.11 which includes the GA of the Elastic Learned Sparse EncodeR (ELSER) and the technical preview of Elasticsearch Query Language (ES|QL), a new piped query language to simplify data investigations across Elastic solutions. Also, check out Elastic AI Assistant support for Amazon Bedrock, Elasticsearch Relevance Engine™ (ESRE) improvements in vector search, and much more.
Elastic Observability transforms metrics, logs, and traces into actionable IT insights to unify observability across the digital ecosystem. This 8.11 release brings the technical preview of ES|QL applied to Observability, improved whole-system visibility with Elastic Universal Profiling™ and APM integration, the technical preview of SLO updates, conditional actions in alerting rules, faster-loading and consistent host views, synthetic monitoring automatic retesting, new Integrations (AWS API Gateway, Amazon EMR, Azure App Service, and Azure Functions) and more.
Elastic Security unifies SIEM, endpoint security, and cloud security to detect, investigate, and respond to threats at cloud scale. The 8.11 release brings the technical preview of ES|QL applied to Security, new Elastic AI Assistant support for Amazon Bedrock, the beta of deepened integrations with Okta and Microsoft Entra ID, the beta of data integrations with Wiz and Palo Alto Prisma Cloud, GA of Kafka output for Elastic Defend, latest risk scoring engine, and more.
Elastic Search helps developers implement modern search and discovery experiences. This 8.11 release brings the GA of the Elastic Learned Sparse EncodeR model (ELSER), new and enriched connectors to sync searchable data from private data sources, the beta of binary content extraction on edge for large files, and more.
All of Elastic’s out-of-the box solutions are built on one platform — the Elasticsearch® Platform. All users, regardless of use case, benefit from core enhancements:
- technical preview of ES|QL and how it has been added to Kibana
- Elasticsearch Relevance Engine™ improvements in scale (i.e., vector search scaling to 4096 dimensions)
- reroute processor simplification of data ingestion
- configurable look back time for TSDB metric storage
- cross-cluster search status details in Kibana® Inspector
- tech preview of a links panel to easily navigate from one Kibana dashboard to another by linking them
- Lens inline editing in dashboards
- Color mapping for enhanced data visualization
- Individual annotation editing from the library
- New inference APIs (preview)
- AIOps: Log rate analysis supports text fields (preview)
- Data drift workflows (preview)
- Improvements in anomaly detection embeddability and data frame analytics pipelines
- The data stream lifecycle is now in Technical Preview
Elastic 8.11 is available now on Elastic Cloud — the only hosted Elasticsearch offering to include all of the new features in this latest release.
New to Elastic? Welcome aboard. You can get started today with a free 14-day trial of Elastic Cloud. Or, if the benefits of using a managed service have yet to win you over, you can always download a self-managed version of the Elastic Stack for free.
Learn more with our release blog posts: