I'm just newby to ES, so may be my question is wrong.
I have small ES cluster with following structure:
- 1'st node placed on a server with web-application attached to it
- 2'nd node placed on my notebook for developing proposes
- Both nodes see each other with zen-unicast:
discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: [ "other-node-ip" ]
- Server's node is "always on" and notebook's node is "sometimes on"
- While server's node is always on it serves as master
My problem is synchronization of shards after reconnecting nodes.
After connecting and electing master it always synchronize shards master->replica
But I expect to have merging of shards - so i expect to see all new documents in both nodes but for now if i make changes to notebook's node offline and then connect to server - my local data is lost.
Same thing in production - how to setup 2-node "with data" cluster where any of node can die and then recover from other?