When I run the elasticsearch source, theconsole is print version [6.0.0-alpha1-SNAPSHOT] is a pre-release version ofElasticsearch and is not suitable for production

hi Team , I have ask your a question about run the elasticsearch source code in my local eclipse,
my elasticsearch : 5.3.0
jdk:1.8
system:win7
I do allow this step:
(1) import elasticsearch 5.3.0 source code into eclipse
(2) I down executable file from https://www.elastic.co/downloads/elasticsearch, I down the file is elasticsearch-5.3.0.zip ,I copy the file modules from elasticsearch-5.3.0.zip to my source code's config path
(3) run the source code

the following print in console is:

[2017-04-21T10:40:26,766][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] [] initializing ...
[2017-04-21T10:40:27,143][INFO ][o.e.e.NodeEnvironment ] [mdkCxIS] using [1] data paths, mounts [[Windows7_OS (C:)]], net usable_space [130.2gb], net total_space [224.2gb], spins? [unknown], types [NTFS]
[2017-04-21T10:40:27,144][INFO ][o.e.e.NodeEnvironment ] [mdkCxIS] heap size [1.7gb], compressed ordinary object pointers [true]
[2017-04-21T10:40:27,149][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] node name [mdkCxIS] derived from node ID [mdkCxISESYOK28TdFhYI1A]; set [node.name] to override
[2017-04-21T10:40:27,149][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] version[6.0.0-alpha1-SNAPSHOT], pid[200564], build[Unknown/Unknown], OS[Windows 7/6.1/amd64], JVM[Oracle Corporation/Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM/1.8.0_131/25.131-b11]

[2017-04-21T10:40:27,151][WARN ][o.e.n.Node ] version [6.0.0-alpha1-SNAPSHOT] is a pre-release version of Elasticsearch and is not suitable for production

[2017-04-21T10:40:27,202][WARN ][o.e.b.ElasticsearchUncaughtExceptionHandler] [] uncaught exception in thread [main]
org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.StartupException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: plugin [aggs-matrix-stats] is incompatible with version [6.0.0-alpha1]; was designed for version [5.3.0]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:127) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:114) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:67) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:122) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:88) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:91) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:84) ~[1/:?]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: plugin [aggs-matrix-stats] is incompatible with version [6.0.0-alpha1]; was designed for version [5.3.0]
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginInfo.readFromProperties(PluginInfo.java:146) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.getModuleBundles(PluginsService.java:273) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.(PluginsService.java:117) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.(Node.java:294) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.(Node.java:236) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap$6.(Bootstrap.java:221) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.setup(Bootstrap.java:221) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:339) ~[1/:?]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:123) ~[1/:?]
... 6 more
===============================================================[2017- # 04-21T10:40:27,151][WARN ][o.e.n.Node ] version [6.0.0-alpha1-SNAPSHOT] is a pre-release version of Elasticsearch and is not suitable for production

so I question this the version [6.0.0-alpha1-SNAPSHOT] is what ? Is the plugin [aggs-matrix-stats]

but I get the plugin-descriptor.properties:

Elasticsearch plugin descriptor file

This file must exist as 'plugin-descriptor.properties' in a folder named elasticsearch

inside all plugins.

example plugin for "foo"

foo.zip <-- zip file for the plugin, with this structure:

#|elasticsearch/
#| |
.jar <-- classes, resources, dependencies
#| |____ .jar <-- any number of jars
#| |____ plugin-descriptor.properties <-- example contents below:

classname=foo.bar.BazPlugin

description=My cool plugin

version=2.0

elasticsearch.version=2.0

java.version=1.7

mandatory elements for all plugins:

'description': simple summary of the plugin

description=Adds aggregations whose input are a list of numeric fields and output includes a matrix.

'version': plugin's version

version=5.3.0

'name': the plugin name

name=aggs-matrix-stats

'classname': the name of the class to load, fully-qualified.

classname=org.elasticsearch.search.aggregations.matrix.MatrixAggregationPlugin

'java.version' version of java the code is built against

use the system property java.specification.version

version string must be a sequence of nonnegative decimal integers

separated by "."'s and may have leading zeros

java.version=1.8

'elasticsearch.version' version of elasticsearch compiled against

elasticsearch.version=5.3.0

so i strange ?

It's really not clear what you're trying to do. I think what you have done is copied the modules from a 5.3.0 installation and are attempting to run this against a 6.0.0-alpha1-SNAPSHOT build (that is, current master). This will flat out not work, the modules are compiled for specific versions of Elasticsearch.

Let's take a step back though, I think that we have an XY problem. I think that you want to do something X, you think that the solution is Y, and so you're asking how to do Y but maybe you're down the wrong path. So, let's back up. What are you really trying to do? Am I correct in guessing that you want to step through the Elasticsearch source code in Eclipse? Help us help you.

yes jasontedor you guess right,i Want to run the elasticsearch source code in eclipse I find i make a great mistake, I down the code from master ,so the version is wrong ,so the version is (6.0.0-alpha1-SNAPSHOT),I reall want get the verion is 5.3.0

hi jsontedor I have solve the problem because I make a great mistake, the master code's version is 6.0.0-alpha1-SNAPSHOT,I think it's version is 5.3.0, so I gradle build the modules and put the jar to my config,it run normal, great THX, and great sorry to your and your team

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.