Whenever I restore from snapshot, I got Authentication Problem

Hello, thank you in advance.

I'm trying to migrate my entire data from one ES to another ES.

whenever i try to restore from snapshot, I am restoring an entire cluster so I followed instructions below.
Restore an entire cluster

but, it fails to restore in the middle of restoring process

(snapshot from es version 7.13.2 -> restoring from es version 7.17.13 fails)
(snapshot from es version 7.13.2 -> restoring from es version 7.13.2 fails)

kibana log

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2023-10-10T07:54:54+00:00","tags":["warning","plugins","licensing"],"pid":952,"message":"License information could not be obtained from Elasticsearch due to [security_exception] unable to authenticate user [kibana_system] for REST request [/_xpack?accept_enterprise=true], with { header={ WWW-Authenticate=\"Basic realm=\\\"security\\\" charset=\\\"UTF-8\\\"\" } } :: {\"path\":\"/_xpack?accept_enterprise=true\",\"statusCode\":401,\"response\":\"{\\\"error\\\":{\\\"root_cause\\\":[{\\\"type\\\":\\\"security_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"unable to authenticate user [kibana_system] for REST request [/_xpack?accept_enterprise=true]\\\",\\\"header\\\":{\\\"WWW-Authenticate\\\":\\\"Basic realm=\\\\\\\"security\\\\\\\" charset=\\\\\\\"UTF-8\\\\\\\"\\\"}}],\\\"type\\\":\\\"security_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"unable to authenticate user [kibana_system] for REST request [/_xpack?accept_enterprise=true]\\\",\\\"header\\\":{\\\"WWW-Authenticate\\\":\\\"Basic realm=\\\\\\\"security\\\\\\\" charset=\\\\\\\"UTF-8\\\\\\\"\\\"}},\\\"status\\\":401}\",\"wwwAuthenticateDirective\":\"Basic realm=\\\"security\\\" charset=\\\"UTF-8\\\"\"} error"}

es log

{"type": "server", "timestamp": "2023-10-10T08:07:07,479Z", "level": "INFO", "component": "o.e.x.s.a.AuthenticationService", "cluster.name": "test-cluster", "node.name": "es01", "message": "Authentication of [kibana_system] was terminated by realm [reserved] - failed to authenticate user [kibana_system]", "cluster.uuid": "zxT4SAeMTX2BFSlsimjBKQ", "node.id": "g81urngKRFKNEdOIq0HHUw"  }

what should I do before restoring an entire cluster?
i think security settings get mixed between source and destination ES.
should I set Security Settings after restoring?
or which system indices should I exclude ? ( indices which starts with '.' )

Please help me.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.