Which: no javac for local plugin installation

I have a logstash dockerfile which uses the elastic docker 5.3.2 image (docker.elastic.co/logstash/logstash:5.3.2) as a base and installs 3 local gem plugins which aren't in the logstash plugin repository.

If I bump the version to 5.4.0, then any attempt to install a local plugin results in the following error:

which: no javac in (/usr/share/logstash/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin)

I've seen reference to a similar bug report, but not in the context of the pre-built docker images. See here: Logstash alpha4/alpha5/beta1 - Error while installing any plugin on CentOS · Issue #5966 · elastic/logstash · GitHub

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Using the pre-built image docker.elastic.co/logstash/logstash:5.4.0 as a base for another Dockerfile, and attempting to run a local install with the command

RUN /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash-plugin install logstash-input-beats

also yields the

which: no javac in (/usr/share/logstash/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin)

How do you install a logstash plugin with the pre-built Docker image?

Hi llater,

I also posted an issue on github, and it was acknowledged and fixed. See here: https://github.com/elastic/logstash-docker/issues/33

I haven't tested it myself yet - as we're still using an older version. But it looks like you just need to try with the very latest image.

L

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.