Why my elasticsearch showing different counts for field and field.keyword?

Hi,

I am using Elasticsearch GA 5.0.0.

My log file has a field called serverName. It has servers server_a, server_b, and server_c. This is the situation. I pick one specific date from the date picker. From the side panel, when I click the servers term, it expands and shows me server_a, server_b, and server_c. When I click / positive filter server_a, I can see there are 100 entries. I then went to visualization and created a Data Table, with metric as Count and then buckets>Split Rows>Aggregation>Terms. In field, I select Terms and then picks serverName from it. When I run it , I get a yellow banner on top saying;

Courier Fetch: 25 of 70 shards failed.

In the table it shows 75 entries for server_a. Then I selected serverName.keyword and run it. Now the yellow banner is gone and 75 changed to 25.

75+25=100.

What I understood is that some of my entries have serverName.keyword, and some have serverName. I am expecting a table entry showing 100 for server_a. Why is this happening and how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Still I am unable to resolve and fix this. Is this an issue with Elasticsearch or Kibana?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.