Why Reindex API is not storing events with latest datetime?

Hi Experts,

I want to reindex my static Index . Here Static means it will get new data only after a month , so for the whole month I want to reindex on daily basis using Curator , so that I can display data in kibana for past 24 hours only . The problem Which I am facing is ,after reindex I still see this index on the date when it was originally created .

My assumption for reindex was is , @timestamp will automatically change to current date .Can someone suggest me how I can achieve this as i want to show this on Kibana dashboard on daily basis ?

Regards
VG

I'm not able to follow your use case description here:

Can you please explain this more thoroughly? Perhaps share your curator action file to help show what you're trying to do?

Sorry for late reply , Actually I want to prepare a dashboard which display data for past 24 hours . Problem here is some of the panels of this dashboard is blank because the index from which it pickup the data is 10 days old .

Now to cope up with this situation I want to re-index that old index so that I can see data on the dashboard for past 24 hours.I want to achieve this with curator + reindex API, but unfortunately it did not work .

Regards
VG

How will reindexing make the data from 10 days ago suddenly be from the past 24 hours? I don't follow your logic here. Reindexing won't change the date field to magically be from the last 24 hours.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.