Wildcard search based on a field like Splunk?

Hello,

Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't find.

We are currently using Splunk but moving to Elastic / Kibana. On Splunk, we have some Fields in the dashboard, and when we search for a value, the search supports simply wildcard in that field (e.g. I search for email@*).

On Elastic / Kibana I am able to do a wildcard query of course, but it is not very user friendly, and the only fields I have are the Control Labels in Visualization, but their are based on strict values found in the logs.

Any way to reproduce this here?

Thanks!

appreciate the feedback. on the controls front I think this is a good suggestion. we're doing active work in this area but this isn't on the list. will add it and discuss with the team [Controls] [Meta] Engineering Phase 2 Implementation Roadmap · Issue #120035 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

On Elastic / Kibana I am able to do a wildcard query of course, but it is not very user friendly

where are you in Kibana in this example? Discover?

In Kibana I am in the dashboard view, with Control Visualization added for the fields of my data

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.