Windows MSI installer for Elasticsearch

Hi all,

Sorry for the intrusion, but where are the official Windows MSI installer for Elasticsearch hosted? I've googled my heart out, but I can only find the zip download. Any links or hints would be much appreciated.

The reason I ask is because of this project where they specifically refer to some officially signed MSI archives of Elasticsearch:

Quote:
"NOTE: Building from source should only be done for development purposes. Only the officially distributed and signed Elastic installer should be used in production. Using an unofficial Elastic installer is not supported."

You aren't missing anything! We haven't yet released our MSI installers they're still a work in progress. Right now downloading the .zip is the way to go, and we have instructions on how to get it running at https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/windows.html

We can't provide exact timing, but the MSI installers are targeted for one of the upcoming releases, so keep an eye out on our blog (or here on discuss) for the most up-to-date information. If you're really ambitious, you can try building the MSI installer yourself from that windows-installers repo and providing feedback.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick reply!

We are eagerly awaiting those MSIs which will hopefully make it less of a black art for our IT ops to upgrade Elasticsearch on Windows. :slight_smile:

I will try to build it myself and let you know how it goes.

Best regards,

Lars

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @larsbj I just wanted to let you know that we've just released the MSI with the Elasticsearch 5.5 release. Would love any feedback you have!

1 Like

I just tried installing without success. I guess its not supported on Win32 systems. Or am i missing anything, do you have msi for 32bit systems?

Thanks

Davies

Hi @daviesattisu, the Windows Installer only supports 64 Bit Windows