Would like to search text and try to identify strings that could be a persons name

Example I have text like the following:
Jeremy went to the ice cream shop with David and they met Sharee there.

of the above Jeremy, David and Sharee are names. Is there a query I might be able to run that can identify peoples names. Any possible string that could be a persons name. I do understand that any word can be a persons name, but wondering if there is anything available that might identify words that would likely be a persons name.

Welcome, @warrengoldman.

Thanks for reaching out. You may want to check out this similar topic. I also found this StackOverflow post on a similar topic that may be helpful too.

Yeah, guess I wasn't clear enough. I don't want to search for names. I want to search the text and have it return strings that are possible names.
I would NOT provide any criteria when searching (like Jeremy or such), but want to try and determine which words in a string are/might be names. (the examples listed were ways of searching for a name, which is not what I need)

Thanks for the feedback and further clarification @warrengoldman. Sorry for any confusion. Named entity recognition may be helpful here. You may also want to look at our documention on text analysis.

I hope this helps but if not, do you happen to have a code sample you are working with? Are you getting an particluar errors?

Best,

Jess

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.