X-Pack / Elastic - Cannot read security-version string in index .security

Hello All,

I'm coming to you because I think I checked all possibilities to correct my issue...
I run an Elastic stack in a docker-compose file, the stack run well but I have a lot of error message in my docker-compose logs
You can find this error message in next screenshots :
{"type": "server", "timestamp": "2020-12-03T18:05:07,539Z", "level": "INFO", "component": "o.e.x.s.s.SecurityIndexManager", "cluster.name": "docker-cluster", "node.name": "22decff2f1e9", "message": "Missing _meta field in mapping [_doc] of index [.security]", "cluster.uuid": "X9GEjI3UQt-YFn29tohRmA", "node.id": "F_ZHmVV1Ri-92A3NBWun6w" } elasticsearch_1 | {"type": "server", "timestamp": "2020-12-03T18:05:07,540Z", "level": "WARN", "component": "o.e.c.s.ClusterApplierService", "cluster.name": "docker-cluster", "node.name": "22decff2f1e9", "message": "failed to notify ClusterStateListener", "cluster.uuid": "X9GEjI3UQt-YFn29tohRmA", "node.id": "F_ZHmVV1Ri-92A3NBWun6w" , elasticsearch_1 | "stacktrace": ["java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot read security-version string in index .security",

And:
kibana_1 | {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2020-12-03T22:02:17Z","tags":["error","plugins","security","authorization"],"pid":8,"message":"Error registering Kibana Privileges with Elasticsearch for kibana-.kibana: [status_exception] Cluster state has not been recovered yet, cannot write to the [null] index"}

I supposed that this error come from this :

As you can see, I have two differents .security index and elasticsearch try to read "security-version" in the mapping of this index but it do not have this field :

This field is present in the .security-7 index :

Elastic version: 7.9.3

I want create users but I can't because of this issue...
Thank you so much for your help (and sorry for my bad english)

Regards

I don't know what happened here, but it does look like something went wrong on your cluster.

The simplest solution will be to delete the .security-7 and .security indices, and they will be automatically recreated.
But you will lose any data in those indices (users, roles, etc).

Hello Tim

Thanks a lot for your help, its working !
I was afraid to remove these indices because I thinked that it will crash my Elastic...

I more question please, if I want export all my users account (I case of disaster plan for example), how can I proceed ? (Sould I open another topic?)

Thanks again ! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.