X-pack licence is activae but API status gives

Hello Community,

I have configured X-pack and I can see my trail was started in elasticsearch logs and through API as well,

{
  "license": {
    "status": "active",
    "uid": "29afaf59-69c5-427b-bf3e-60f11ff05087",
    "type": "trial",
    "issue_date": "2018-07-21T06:04:36.607Z",
    "issue_date_in_millis": 1532153076607,
    "expiry_date": "2018-08-20T06:04:36.607Z",
    "expiry_date_in_millis": 1534745076607,
    "max_nodes": 1000,
    "issued_to": "test-cluster",
    "issuer": "elasticsearch",
    "start_date_in_millis": -1
  }
}

but when I check using status API call for trails status I am seeing below

`{  "eligible_to_start_trial": false}`

And when I try to install through API call I am getting this

{
"eligible_to_start_trial": false
}

I know for fact this is right repsonse but my question is why I am seeing trail status false ?

I have enabled X-pack security in my elasticsearch config file.

Hi

You are allowed to initiate a trial license only if your cluster has not already activated a trial license for the current major product version.

You have activated your trial license already. You are on trial license so you don't have to (doesn't make sense to) try to activate a trial license again.

I know trail is activataed and I don’t need to activate again but my question is why Licence API call showing false.

And. I am trying to use centralize pipeline but it’s not working and looking for local pipeline because of Xpack licence status.

It is showing false exactly because you have activated your trial license. This is expected behavior, all is well and this is not an indication of an error.

Please share more details regarding what you're trying to do, and how this doesn't work. It helps to lay out what your goal is ,what steps you've taken to achieve this goal and where exactly you're getting an error or an unexpected behavior.

Never mind, I miss understood the licence status API call. I went back and looked and it only gives reply true when you try to apply licence. In my case I already applied trial.

I found indentation is the issue in my case.

Thanks again,

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.