X-pack license troubles

hi every one, im new over here

I just spend a few days - weeks yet - to learn how works ELK solution. Seems a revolucionary concept - for my at all. (i was probing "splunk", "graylog" and similar solutions long time ago).

Kibana LOG trouble: License information from the X-Pack plugin could not be obtained from Elasticsearch for the [data] cluster.

Recently i has changed the elasticsearch architecture - to cluster (two nodes) ... then start all my particular hell. The ELK solution has working fine few weeks.... similar trouble. i tried to retur to singular elasticsearch server - but dont works any more - the index with troubles of sincronicity (delete all of them and i recreate it again) ... license troubles... retur to old snatch shot of elasticsearch ... same troubles and kibana too.

I use debian distribution to probe this kind of lab - finaly on separated machins to study the escalabillity too and another arquitecture aspets. All of them VMs.

Logstash 6.5.4
Elasticsearch 6.5.4
Kibana 6.6.0 (updated today)

Kibana is showing a license trouble.
Feb 12 12:02:03 Kibana kibana[371]: {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-02-12T11:02:03Z","tags":["license","warning","xpack"],"pid":371,"message":"License information from the X-Pack plugin could not be obtained from Elasticsearch for the [data] cluster. Error: Request Timeout after 30000ms"}

My configuration now - with the trouble (to try to solve it - but its the same)

Logstash.yml

xpack.monitoring.enabled: false

elasticsearch.yml

xpack.ml.enabled: false
xpack.security.enabled: false
xpack.watcher.enabled: false

kibana.yml

xpack.graph.enabled: false
xpack.ml.enabled: false
xpack.reporting.enabled: false
xpack.security.enabled: false

Any of them don't let my uninstall the x-pack module by the ELK elected for the probe.

if possible can you share more logs? License troubles sound like a red herring to me, I'm wondering if there's some issue connecting to the other nodes.

You should ideally use the same Kibana version as your Elasticsearch version. What is the output from localhost:9200 on the two Elasticsearch nodes?

With the same versions and disabling x-pack - works again.
Thanks

That does not answer my question.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.