X-Pack: Report Generation errors from png-js

Every time I attempt to generate a report from the dashboard, the errors below pop up and kibana restarts.

Kibana: 6.2.2

Errors:
Apr 3 02:35:37 kiban-srv kibana: /usr/share/kibana/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/png-js/png-node.js:242
Apr 3 02:35:37 kiban-srv kibana: throw new Error("Invalid filter algorithm: " + data[pos - 1]);
Apr 3 02:35:37 kiban-srv kibana: ^
Apr 3 02:35:37 kiban-srv kibana: Error: Invalid filter algorithm: 255
Apr 3 02:35:37 kiban-srv kibana: at /usr/share/kibana/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/png-js/png-node.js:242:21
Apr 3 02:35:37 kiban-srv kibana: at Inflate.onEnd (zlib.js:227:5)
Apr 3 02:35:37 kiban-srv kibana: at emitNone (events.js:91:20)
Apr 3 02:35:37 kiban-srv kibana: at Inflate.emit (events.js:185:7)
Apr 3 02:35:37 kiban-srv kibana: at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:974:12)
Apr 3 02:35:37 kiban-srv kibana: at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:80:11)
Apr 3 02:35:37 kiban-srv kibana: at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:128:9)

Kibana Config:
xpack.reporting.queue.timeout: 300000
xpack.reporting.kibanaServer.port: 443
xpack.reporting.kibanaServer.protocol: https
xpack.reporting.kibanaServer.hostname: mysite.mysite
xpack.security.authProviders:
- saml
- basic
xpack.security.public:
hostname: mysite.mysite
port: 443
protocol: https
xpack.security.secureCookies: true

Can you try to switch to chromium browser and see if it works?

xpack.reporting.capture.browser.type: chromium
xpack.reporting.capture.browser.chromium.disableSandbox: true

I think sandboxing doesn't work on centOS 7, so the above will turn that off too.

Not sure if it'll make a difference since the error is coming out of the png library, but worth a shot. There are some issues with Phantom and it will be deprecated once we officially switch to Chromium.

I added those lines ( actually tried this already, uncommented them). I get the same error and Kibana crashes/restarts.

Whats on the dashboard? Does it work for an empty dashboard? A dashboard with a single bar chart? How about if you try generating a report from the visualize app?

Are you doing the print or preserve layout option?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.