Xpack.security.authc.api_key.enabled in ECK with TLS self signed certificate disabled

Hi,

I'm using ECK on GKE and terminating SSL with LBs and Google managed certs. I have an issue where I cannot implement Fleet because of TLS being disabled. I remember seeing a post where this requirement would be removed in a later version, but that was a few versions back.

I'm running 7.17.1 and I'm unable to find a workaround

Any ideas on how I can't get this to work or do I need to rethink the implementation?

Thanks

I have an issue where I cannot implement Fleet because of TLS being disabled.

In 7.17.1, it is possible to enable API Keys without enabling TLS, but you need to do it manually.

However, I believe Fleet has a specific requirement to enable TLS separate to API Keys, and I don't recall whether they're checking the cluster itself, or the URL protocol.

Thanks for the reply Tim, this is probably a game breaker for us with ECK then, a shame in that it was really easy to get setup and running for a production ready systems. If there is a work around, I haven't found it with Google Fu.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.