Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package filebeat.x86_64 0:7.5.1-1 will be updated
---> Package filebeat.x86_64 0:7.5.2-1 will be an update
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

=======================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                     Arch                                      Version                                    Repository                                      Size
=======================================================================================================================================================================================
Updating:
 filebeat                                    x86_64                                    7.5.2-1                                    elastic-7.x                                     23 M

Transaction Summary
Upgrade  1 Package

Total download size: 23 M
Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
Downloading packages:
Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed.
filebeat-7.5.2-x86_64.rpm      FAILED
https://artifacts.elastic.co/packages/7.x/yum/7.5.2/filebeat-7.5.2-x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found                                ]  0.0 B/s |    0 B  --:--:-- ETA
Trying other mirror.
To address this issue please refer to the below wiki article

https://wiki.centos.org/yum-errors

If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please use https://bugs.centos.org/.

Error downloading packages:
  filebeat-7.5.2-1.x86_64: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

it seems yum metadata is updated with new release but i cant install latest as the contents are not released.. this is true for other elasticsearch and other elk binaries installed in similar fashion

it fails when i try with generic command as below.. it still tries to pick 7.5.2 and fails with 404

yum install filebeat

Hi @Jathin,

I have just tried to install and upgrade filebeat on Centos 7 using yum and it works fine for me.

Also manually downloading from this URL works for me.

Is it possible that your machine is behind a proxy?

Could you provide the output of the following command?

curl -I -v https://artifacts.elastic.co/packages/7.x/yum/7.5.2/filebeat-7.5.2-x86_64.rpm

It works fine for me now.. but it seems for close to a hour before the release it was failing with 404

Filebeat 7.5.2 has been released today, it seems that something happened with the propagation of the new packages.

But i feel till 7.5.2 is officially released below command should have pulled down 7.5.1 deliverable. But somehow it was trying to pull down 7.5.2 and failing with 404. the error caused all autoscaling nodes to fail boot up for close to one hour. instance boot up scripts were looking for latest filebeat deliverable.

yum install filebeat 

is this not the correct way to pull the latest filebeat deliverable ? i am just trying to find the best way so that i can update my instance boot up script so that it does not happen again during future releases.

Yep, this has been unexpected, this shouldn't happen in future releases.

Yes, this command should always work to install the latest available version in the repository configured in the machine.
In any case I would recommend you to use pinned versions on automation so you can do controlled upgrades.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. if it was unexpected one time situation then then it should be ok. i will update my scripts to better handle this situation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.