503 Error: service unavailable

When I saving the new visualization(called "New Visualization123") in kibana, I encountered the following error.

Not only in Visualization, when I created the Index patterns in management, I also encountered this error.

I checked selasticsearch and kibana's logs and found no error.

What's wrong ?

(I have saved almost 165 objects in the kibana,Is it possible that there are too many saved objects.)

Thanks a lot for your assistance !

Greetings

chaixl

Hi there chaixl,

A few questions to help me better understand what may be happening in your situation:

• Are you running Kibana behind a proxy? If so, are there any error logs in the proxy's logs?
  • Are other functions working correctly? Can you view dashboards or visualizations? If so, it is only failing when you try to save things?
  • What is the response of hitting the /_status endpoint in Elasticsearch? It's possible you have a shard-related issue in the cluster.

(I have saved almost 165 objects in the kibana,Is it possible that there are too many saved objects.)

This should not be a problem unless you have an Elasticsearch cluster that does not have enough disk space or available RAM. We support Kibana deployments with 1000s of objects.

Thanks for the answer.
Answer these questions:

first, I have not set up any proxy.

second, other functions work correctly, I can view dashboards or visualizations. it is only failing(show "Service Unavailable") when I try to save things or create a index pattern. However, after refreshing several times, the visualization that failed to save will eventually appear in the list.

third, elasicsearch's status is green, I do not find the problem.

Thanks for the additional info.

This is a strange one indeed. I haven't seen this type of behavior in Kibana before (503s only on POST requests).

However, after refreshing several times, the visualization that failed to save will eventually appear in the list

This is even stranger yet and points to a potential caching issue.

You mentioned that there are no proxies between your browser and the Kibana server. Is this server running bare on a machine you are accessing directly? Is it possible requests are being routed through nginx or a service mesh layer like Kubernetes?

Additionally, could you take a peek at the failing request in the "Network" tab of the dev tools? Specifically it'd be helpful to see the "Response headers" and the response body (available in the "Preview" tab of the request details pane).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.