7.5 [reporting] fails randomly

Hello, my users want to create some reports but the completion/fail is erratic. I am running on a debian 9

Could not find more hint to solve that. Can you help, please?

best

the message in the frontend:

Unable to generate report
Failed to decrypt report job data. Please ensure that xpack.reporting.encryptionKey is set and re-generate this report. Error: Unsupported state or unable to authenticate data

My configuration (kibana.yml)

xpack.reporting.encryptionKey: "XXXEBHAIJXXXXXXXXXXXJESMXXXX79"
xpack.reporting.kibanaServer.port: 443
xpack.reporting.kibanaServer.protocol: https
xpack.reporting.kibanaServer.hostname: mysubdomain.flightwatching.com
xpack.reporting.index: ".reporting-mysubdomain"
xpack.reporting.capture.maxAttempts: 10
xpack.reporting.capture.loadDelay: 10000

The kibana.log:

{
    "type":"log",
    "@timestamp":"2020-01-15T13:53:42Z",
    "tags":["reporting","esqueue","queue-worker","warning"],
    "pid":14559,
    "message":
     "k5f3zsyv0b8f8bed02eycx6q - _claimPendingJobs encountered a version conflict on updating pending job k5fd8kpq0b8f8bed02au4mvk: 
       Error: [version_conflict_engine_exception] [k5fd8kpq0b8f8bed02au4mvk]: version conflict, required seqNo [39], primary term [1]. current document has seqNo [41] and primary term [1], with 
         { index_uuid=\"cPPJv-uMQx-kgFoblb_8-Q\" & shard=\"0\" & index=\".reporting-insight-val-2020.01.12\" }
         \n    at respond (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:349:15)
         \n    at checkRespForFailure (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:306:7)
         \n    at HttpConnector.<anonymous> (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/connectors/http.js:173:7)
         \n    at IncomingMessage.wrapper (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:4929:19)
         \n    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:194:15)\n    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1103:12)
         \n    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)"}

Hello Olivier,

Is it a docker setup? If so, this could be related to the issue in this discuss thread. Scroll to the bottom for a potential fix.

If not, I see some work around this area in this recently merged PR. If it's related to this, or otherwise unexplained, it may be worth creating an issue.

Regards,
Aaron

OK, we are not with docker and in version 7.5.1. Can you confirm that the recently merged PR has been included in the 7.5.1?

And why did you call it workaround? should I do something specific to "work around" my problem?

Hello,

can I have an answer? If I create an issue, what can I specify to help the resolver?

Can I have an update?

Again?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.