Access Kibana Application and Error Logs on Kibana

Question: How can I see Kibana's own application and error logs on Kibana itself?

For example, I want to investigate further on the following error that I encountered when trying to delete a dashboard. "TypeError: Failed to fetch" is not meaningful enough for me to know what needs to be done to resolve the issue.

Untitled

I can see the statistics on Stack Monitoring tab, but looking at the application and error logs will be helpful for troubleshooting.

HI
What version of Kibana are you on. Can you detail the steps you took to reach here? Do the kibana logs reveal anything ?

Thanks
Rashmi

Hi Rashmi, I'm on Kibana version 7.4.1.

On top of not being able to delete dashboards, I also cannot create/modify/delete roles and users via the UI. I can only do any of that using REST API from the Dev Tools.

The logs should be able to tell you what is going on . Unfortunately cannot debug further without the ES and Kibana logs. I would also check what permission the user has . This document might help you.

But what is surprising is, you can do it from console ?!

Please detail the steps taken and we can investigate further.Also is there a proxy introduced anywhere ?

Thanks
Rashmi

Hi Rashmi, the user has superuser role.

Also is there a proxy introduced anywhere?

This is a good question. We have a reverse proxy, and had to modify the server.basePath in kibana.yml to /kibana.

www.site.com directs users to a website.
www.site.com/kibana directs users to Kibana.

am glad you got to know where the problem persists and were able to resolve it .

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.