Adding new data to existing index pattern

Hi all, i have created a new index pattern, i used the 'Data Visualizer' to upload my data.
Because you can only upload 100mb of data i could not upload all my data.
Is there a way to add data to an existing index pattern, as i will have to add to this on a weekly basis.

thanks in advance,
Thomas.

Hi Thomas. We have the 100mb limit because passing a lot of data through the browser is not really feasible. You might want to look at using one of our Ingest methods or our one of our Elasticsearch clients to add your data to Elasticsearch.

Hi nickpeihl, would this be included in our Platinum package? If not is there another easier way?

Hi @thomas4,

I have an example based in Python that I've used in the past for uploading data that might be helpful. If you are working in Node.js, I have some similar samples I'm working on I can send your way, too.

I recently wrote about a similar topic for search labs as well too:

I hope this is helpful.

Best,

Jessica

2 Likes

thanks Jessica

1 Like

Thanks, @thomas4. Let us know if you need any additional support here as well.

Hi @jessgarson,
Thanks for the above, could you point me in the right direction as to video's step by step guides to do this as this is all new to me.

regards,
Thomas.

Thanks, @thomas4,

The first part of this article focuses on loading data in this way using Python:

I'm in the process of recording a step by step video for the Node.js sample I'm working on.

When I was getting started I found this series helpful as well.