Adding new relic support to elasticsearch as a Windows service

I am adding new relic support to Elasticsearch on Windows. After adding -javaagent, ES starts up fine when invoked from CMD. But it will not start as a service. The error in system log viewer is "Incorrect Function". The error in "C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Apache\commons-daemon.2022-05-25.log" is "Missing service ImageFile". Any idea why ES won't start as a service? Is there a parameter that can be passed to Elasticsearch-service-x64.exe or an env variable set (e.g. PR_STARTIMAGE, PR_STOPIMAGE) that can eliminate the issue? How can I get all parameters that Elasticsearch-service-x64.exe supports? I have successfully added new relic support to other components (e.g. tomcat, wildfly, ...) and have verified that -javaagent is correct and accessible and JAVA_HOME contains no spaces.

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

I am not sure we can help here, as we don't support this approach ourselves and you may need to ask newrelic.

Thanks. I have opened a support ticket with them. How can I find out all the parameters that Elasticsearch-service-x64.exe supports?

Install Elasticsearch with .zip on Windows | Elasticsearch Guide [8.2] | Elastic goes into that.

Neither 8.2.0 nor 8.2.1 have any file named guide in them (or .doc or *.pdf). I downloaded from here: Download Elasticsearch | Elastic

I don't understand what you mean there sorry.

Sorry for not being clear. I unzipped both versions and searched the file system for any file with the name "guide" in it or with the extension of doc* or PDF and found none.

We don't ship documentation with the code, it's all on the website.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.