Can't start Elasticsearch 7 service on Windows

(Daniel D'Agostino) #1

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Elasticsearch on my Windows machine. I've done it before, but now I'm doing it again with version 7.0.0.

I set JAVA_HOME and can run Elasticsearch successfully with elasticsearch.bat (I can confirm that I get a response when browsing localhost:9200).

Next, I install the service by runnng elasticsearch-service.bat install. The installation succeeds, and I can see the service. However, it won't start. When checking Event Viewer, I see the following error:

The Elasticsearch 7.0.0 (elasticsearch-service-x64) service terminated with the following service-specific error:
Incorrect function.

I have no idea what this means.

The path to the executable that the service uses is set to:

C:[...]\elasticsearch-7.0.0\bin\elasticsearch-service-x64.exe //RS//elasticsearch-service-x64

Can anyone help identify what the problem is here, please?

Thanks in advance.

(Ryan Ernst) #2

Which version of Windows are you on? What version of java are you using?

(Ryan Ernst) #3

And just to confirm, you said that you previously had installed elasticsearch. Did you remove the service from the old version?

(Daniel D'Agostino) #4

Windows 10.

Java: openjdk 12 2019-03-19.

Yes, I had removed the service from the old version. I tried reinstalling the service after the failure but nothing changed.

(system) closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.