Adding the File Version resource to the Windows executable for all Beats

I brought this up 16 months ago with v5.4.1 In order to monitor the versions of beats I have installed on windows servers, I would like the File version added to the Windows binary of all beats. I understand I can run scripts to get it, but this is kinda kludgy and a bit of a hack. I would really prefer to monitor the version of the file.

I am not certain why you wouldn't add the version to the file...

Can this please be considered for all future releases?

Timothy

The tools and scripts used for building the release binaries are 100% open source. Have you considered contributing to the project?

I haven't looked into how to add this information to the exe, but if it's just a simple command it could be executed here which is after the binary is made, but before it is zipped.

From what I understand (barely scratching the surface), it has to be done when it is compiled. I have tried adding after the fact with no success. I have no experience with this, but I may take a stab at it at some point in time

This looks like a good place to start: https://github.com/josephspurrier/goversioninfo

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.