Adding the File Version resource to the Windows executable for all Beats

(Timothy) #1

I brought this up 16 months ago with v5.4.1 In order to monitor the versions of beats I have installed on windows servers, I would like the File version added to the Windows binary of all beats. I understand I can run scripts to get it, but this is kinda kludgy and a bit of a hack. I would really prefer to monitor the version of the file.

I am not certain why you wouldn't add the version to the file...

Can this please be considered for all future releases?

Timothy

(Andrew Kroh) #2

The tools and scripts used for building the release binaries are 100% open source. Have you considered contributing to the project?

I haven't looked into how to add this information to the exe, but if it's just a simple command it could be executed here which is after the binary is made, but before it is zipped.

(Timothy) #3

From what I understand (barely scratching the surface), it has to be done when it is compiled. I have tried adding after the fact with no success. I have no experience with this, but I may take a stab at it at some point in time

(Andrew Kroh) #4

This looks like a good place to start: https://github.com/josephspurrier/goversioninfo

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.