Agent Status in ELK

Hi Team,

I am using ELK APM with Java agent. In Elasticsearch , We are able to view the current running services that have been configured in kibana dashboard. I wanted to understand how does ELK get the status of these services.
I am currently going through the java agent source code for the same, But haven't succeeded in my findings.
As per my requirement, We need to showcase similar functionality in my application wherein I can view all the services in ELK that are running with additional feature of showing it down/unavailable when not running.

Thanks & Regards,
Namita Jaokar

As per my requirement, We need to showcase similar functionality in my application wherein I can view all the services in ELK that are running with additional feature of showing it down/unavailable when not running.

To showcase your service availability , you can use heartbeat which can show you the running status of services,certs etc and can alert you as well if service is down.

Thanks @Venkata_Raja for the solution. Does ELK provide any API or is there any Elastic query that can help me get all the agent status that would be configured with ELK.

Also, Can Heartbeat be used to monitor jar as well.? Basically I want to monitor the Elastic APM jar running on a different system. Can this be monitored in any way?

Best Regards,
Namita

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.