Elastic APM agent services (APM server output configured to logstash) are not displayed in Kibana

Hi,

Problem:
APM agent services not listed out in the Kibana APM services screen.

Problem Description:
I have configured my elastic APM Java agent and found that agent is able to communicate with APM server successfully (with 202 status code). But the APM screen is not listing any services. Below is more information on the logs and apm-server output:

APM Server logs:
"2019-01-24T13:16:02.669+0530 INFO [request] beater/common_handlers.go:272 handled request {"request_id": "10a6d20a-045b-458b-bf0b-827232c16d9b", "method": "POST", "URL": "/intake/v2/events", "content_length": -1, "remote_address": "<apm_agent_ip>", "user-agent": "java-agent/1.3.0", "response_code": 202}"

Note: My APM server output is configured with the logstash (whose output is set to it's own elasticsearch service) running in a different node in the same cluster.

Please help me resolve this issue and to list out APM agent services in kibana.

What does your Logstash config look like?

Hi,

Below is my logstash input and output configuration.

input {
beats {
host => "<logstash_host_ip>"
port => 5046
}
}

output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
sniffing => true
manage_template => false
index => "%{[@metadata][beat]}-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
#document_type => "%{[@metadata][type]}"
}
}
}

Hi,

After struggling for few hours, I was able to figure out the root cause for this issue. My APM-server is configured to logstash instead of elasticsearch. Since I am forwarding output from logstash to elasticsearch, data is being sent to elasticsearch. So, I had to configure APM server output to Elasticsearch instead of Logstash.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.