[ANN] Kibana 4.2.0-beta2 is released

We are excited to announce the release of Kibana 4.2.0-beta2! This release brings additional enhancements and bug fixes on top of Kibana 4.2.0-beta1, including the dark theme, which was the highest-requested feature on Github!

This release requires Elasticsearch 2.0-beta2, and is not backward-compatible with Elasticsearch 1.x releases.

IMPORTANT: This is a beta release and is intended for testing purposes only. There is no guarantee that Kibana 4.2.0-beta2 will be compatible with Kibana 4.2.0 GA.

DO NOT DEPLOY IN PRODUCTION

You can read the blog post about Kibana 4.2.0-beta2 here.

You can download Kibana 4.2.0-beta2 here.

1 Like

Hi and congrats for new beta!, looking forward to work with it. Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but, do you think this feature to work with date maths in scripted fields will be back in some future releases like here : https://www.elastic.co/blog/kibana-4-beta-3-now-more-filtery? or maybe this is something I should directly manage with other tools like logstash?

Thanks! I'd post your question as a separate topic.

1 Like

Hi there
I was excited about the announcement on the blog about beta2 and wanted to run a test against our ES cluster. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with 1.x which is very disappointing and unrealistic to upgrade ES in the new future.
Kibana 3 provided features like assigning colors for defined terms (red if error, yellow if warning, green for everything else). I was looking for this new feature since the release of Kibana 4 because this was the missing part for a migration from Kibana 3 to 4.
Are there plans to support 1.x in the GA version of Kibana?
Thanks

4.2.X will support ES 2.X only.

The colour selection will be in 4.3, which won't be far away!

In 4.2, there is also an advanced setting option to map a color to a field. Although it is not fronted by a UI, it may offer relief to some users that are trying to set errors to red: