[ANNOUNCEMENT] Relevant Search from Manning published

The final ebook of Relevant Search is out (printed copies out on the 29th)

Read more here! To quote the description:

Users expect search to be simple: They enter a few terms and expect perfectly-organized, relevant results instantly. But behind this simple user experience, complex machinery is at work.

Relevant Search demystifies relevance work. Using Elasticsearch, it teaches you how to return engaging search results to your users, helping you understand and leverage the internals of Lucene-based search engines. Relevant Search walks through real-world problems using a cohesive philosophy that combines text analysis, query building, and score shaping to express business ranking rules to the search engine. It outlines how to guide the engineering process by monitoring search user behavior and shifting the enterprise to a search-first culture focused on humans, not computers. You'll see how the search engine provides a deeply pluggable platform for integrating search ranking with machine learning, ontologies, personalization, domain-specific expertise, and other enriching sources

Needless to say we've put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into the book! John Berryman and I hope you find the book useful to your work. Feel free to post any feedback or questions here or in the Manning forum

Best,
Doug Turnbull
Lead Relevance Consultant
OpenSource Connections

4 Likes

I have been reading the MEAP from the book and I really liked it. Good job and congrats on finishing it.

1 Like

We'll be chatting live about the book at 2PM ET today on blab! Come bring your questions

Kudos to Doug and John for that excellent and entertaining book!
A great piece of work!!

1 Like