App Search : Engines gives an internal server error...Please contact your system administrator if the problem persists

I have installed locally Elasticsearch/Kibana/EnterpriseSearch (7.16). If I log in as enterprise_search user, the only thing available in the main menu is Management Menu. ( Kibana and Advance Settings). If I log in as elastic user, the Enterprise Search Menu is available, but once I choose App Search, the Engine overview page show an error : "Enterprise Search encountered an internal server error. Please contact your system administrator if the problem persists." The console of the web browser says: "Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'unsafe-eval' 'self" . Either the unsafe-inline keyword, a hash, or a nonce is required to enable inline execution.
Any idea where to look for the Content Security Policy?

Problem solved!: make sure the JDK is 8 or 11. Mine was JDK17, and once I replaced it with JDK 11 , everything was working fine.

1 Like

Glad to hear that you got this working! I've raised this with the team. You may have seen on start up a message in the logs like:

WARNING: Elastic Enterprise Search does not officially support Java versions higher than 11

We'll visit if this should be an error instead, or should have increased visibility.

Thanks for reporting!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.