I am trying to install a license via curl after installing elastic, kibana and x-pack via rpm.
Currently this does not work and I have to log into kibana first then execute the curl command after that.
It doesn't seem to work if I install the license directly after the installs.
My curl commands work 100% but just doesn't apply it unless I log into kibana
curl -XPUT -u elastic:changeme 'http://localhost:9200/_xpack/license' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d @mylicense.json
curl -XPUT -u elastic:changeme 'http://localhost:9200/_xpack/license?acknowledge=true' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d @mylicense.json
To summarize this is the process I'm using:
- install elastic, kibana, x-pack
- start elastic and kibana
- run curl commands for license
- restart elastic and kibana
- Go to kibana -> Greeted with x-pack login page
- Have to re-run the license at this point and then it works.
Am I missing any caveats here?