Average on Kibana Timelion with two values or parameter

(Shreyanshu Pare) #1

I have json

{ ExchangeName:BITFINEX, CurrencyPair:ETHBTC ,MachineTime:June 5th 2017, 15:59:53.883, BidPrice:0.094 ,BidSize:22.935, AskPrice:0.094 ,AskSize:20.01, LastPrice:0.094 }

In timelion i want to find an average of (BidPrice and AskPrice).

(.es(index=ethbtc_ticker,timefield=MachineTime,split='ExchangeName:35',metric=avg:BidPrice).plus(.es(index=ethbtc_ticker,timefield=MachineTime,metric=avg:AskPrice)).label(midpoint,ExchangeName)).divide(divisor=2)

is it correct ? or any other way can we do?

(Felix Stürmer) #2

Hi @shreyanshu_pare,

I'm afraid the query will probably not produce the results you expect. The reason is, that the first .es() query is split on the ExchangeName field while the second is not. I don't see a way to correctly use split .plus() at the same time here.

Instead I would suggest to create an index pattern with a scripted field that calculates the average for each document using (doc['BidPrice'].value + doc['AskPrice'].value) / 2 and visualize that in the Visualize app using the average of the scripted field as a metric aggregation (y-axis) and a date histogram and a terms filter as the bucket aggregations (x-axis).

(Shreyanshu Pare) #3

Hi @weltenwort
if i am using split in second then it is showing Error:

Timelion: Error: in cell #1: argument must be a seriesList with a single series

if we use .add(), so is it useful ? i want in timelion.

(Felix Stürmer) #4

Right, that is what I meant by

Timelion does not seem to be the right tool for this job. That is why I proposed using a scripted field in combination with Visualize.

(Felix Stürmer) #5

If you're using the most recent version of Kibana you might also have success with the Time Series Visual Builder, which allows for some ad-hoc processing of the data as well.

(Shreyanshu Pare) #6

ok ,Thanks @weltenwort , i will check.
If we use methlion in timelion so it is possible?

(Felix Stürmer) #7

Mathlion is a third-party plugin and as such not officially supported by Elastic, but it might be able to achieve that.

(system) #8

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.