Backup repository credential

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the configuration of the repository within ElasticSearch config file.
We are running a 4 nodes cluster on Windows, we need to store the backup on a dedicated server, we create a shared folder on this, but this server is not on the domain. We defined specific credential to access this folder.

How can I specify those credential on the ElasticSearch.yml ? or is a specific plug in or best practice that I can use ?

I try to define a network drive and store those credential within the network drive, but I'm always getting an error and ElasticSearch stop working -> Unable to access 'path.repo' (Z:\Repo)

Do you have any other workaround or possibility for that ?

Thanks,

this need share

see this:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/5.6/modules-snapshots.html#_shared_file_system_repository

Assuming that the shared filesystem is mounted to /mount/backups/my_backup, the following setting should be added to elasticsearch.yml file:

path.repo: ["/mount/backups", "/mount/longterm_backups"]
The path.repo setting supports Microsoft Windows UNC paths as long as at least server name and share are specified as a prefix and back slashes are properly escaped:

path.repo: ["\\\\MY_SERVER\\Snapshots"]

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, this works but now is how to give specific credential to access this shared drive ?

Thx,

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.