Bad Request in Dashboard for long time interval query

I am running Elastic Stack 7.9 and am having issues with my dashboard. When I try to catch all my data (search for last 1000 years) in my Kibana dashboard I get an error on the saved Discover table that I have included, but not for the visualizations. In the console for the developer tools I see an error Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request), when I look into the logs I see that the request is for POST /internal/search/es but there is no further information.

It appears to work when I do the same in Discover, so what might be the cause of this error? I cannot access the elasticsearch logs at the moment. I have some formatter plugins active, such as converting some links to image previews. Could it be that the processing of the plugins and the huge amount of data is causing a server overload or something?

Why would this error only occur within a dashboard though, and not in Discover? Is the Discover Table in the Dashboard retrieving more data, or in a different way, than in Discover, for the exact same request (no filters, time 1000years - now)?

Hi @Elaak,

Is the Discover Table in the Dashboard retrieving more data, or in a different way than in Discover, for the exact same request (no filters, time 1000years - now)?

I'd check the request body of POST /internal/search/es.
Are those different?
Maybe there are some clues of what might have gone wrong here.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.