Beats - Export dashboards to file

Hi,

I'm working on automation of beats deployment with ansible. I don't want to give all the beats access to neither kibana nor elasticsearch, just logstash. So I decided to grab all the dashboards delivered with beats and import them with ansible through kibana api to saved_objects. But that not easy - exporting dashboard still wants to have access to kibana, so the only option I see is to do

filebeat setup --dashboards
auditbeat setup --dashboards
winlogbeat setup --dashboards

and then download the dashboards from kibana to save with my project.

Other things such as index config, templates, etc can be exported without problems to stdin.

Is there a easier way how to achieve this?

Thank you

There is an artifact that contains all the dashboards and nothing else.

https://artifacts.elastic.co/downloads/beats/beats-dashboards/beats-dashboards-7.10.1.zip

Perhaps you could download that with Ansible and extract it. Then use Ansible to mimic what the setup --dashboards command does by making a REST call to the saved-objects API (beats/kibana_loader.go at 0b12bb453d316734b0dcc1fa1dfde54761457c98 · elastic/beats · GitHub).

Hey, that's exactly what I was looking for. How did you get to that link? I found nothing that leads to this file. Anyway, thank you :slight_smile:

It's a legacy artifact from a few major releases ago when Beats used to download the dashboards rather than including them in their own package. Nothing uses it, but we kept it around.