Bouncing Kibana->Elasticsearch connection?

.4Kibana 4.5.4
ES v2.4.1

I have an AWS instance with Kibana and ES on it set up as a client node, and is part of a 3-node ES cluster. Kibana's connection bounces, that is, goes from green->red->gren.... and I see these kibana logs

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2016-11-07T14:23:36+00:00","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch","error"],"pid":30956,"name":"plugin:elasticsearch","state":"red","message":"Status changed from green to red - Request Timeout after 3000ms","prevState":"green","prevMsg":"Kibana index ready"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2016-11-07T14:24:00+00:00","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch","info"],"pid":30956,"name":"plugin:elasticsearch","state":"green","message":"Status changed from red to green - Kibana index ready","prevState":"red","prevMsg":"Request Timeout after 3000ms"}

What else can I look for to debug this?

Hi @ZillaG,

What node are you connecting to with Kibana? It's configured in config\kibana.yml, under elasticsearch.host/port. Is that the expected ES-node?

Yes, I'm connecting to the ES node configured in kibana.yml. In my case, I had to regenerate my certs and restart the services, and things seem to be stable now.

I'm seeing this again.

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2016-12-05T16:27:29+00:00","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch","error"],"pid":570,"name":"plugin:elasticsearch","state":"red","message":"Status changed from green to red - Request Timeout after 3000ms","prevState":"green","prevMsg":"Kibana index ready"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2016-12-05T16:27:37+00:00","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch","info"],"pid":570,"name":"plugin:elasticsearch","state":"green","message":"Status changed from red to green - Kibana index ready","prevState":"red","prevMsg":"Request Timeout after 3000ms"}

How can I debug this further? Note that I can see my logs in Kibana if I reload the Kibana page enough, so my Kibana/Elasticsearch connection (sometimes) works.

My instance has 16G memory, and ES is setup to use 8G. This instance has ES running in client mode, and also has Logstash and Kibana installed on it.

# free -m
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:          15629       13767         884          24         977        1422
Swap:             0           0           0

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.