Kibana 4.5.4 - Status changed from green to red - Request Timeout after 3000ms

We have a demo ELK setup where logstash, kibana and elasticsearch are configure on same machine for a month it worked perfectly suddenly it started to give following error.

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-02-28T14:20:54+00:00","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch","error"],"pid":1836,"name":"plugin:elasticsearch","state":"red","message":"Status changed from green to red - Request Timeout after 3000ms","prevState":"green","prevMsg":"Kibana index ready"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-02-28T14:20:56+00:00","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch","info"],"pid":1836,"name":"plugin:elasticsearch","state":"green","message":"Status changed from red to green - Kibana index ready","prevState":"red","prevMsg":"Request Timeout after 3000ms"}

I have checked elasticsearch status its ok:

http://localhost:9200/_cat/health
1488292292 20:01:32 elasticsearch green 1 1 126 126 0 0 0 0 - 100.0%

curl -XGET "http://127.0.0.1:9200/_cluster/health?pretty"
{
"cluster_name" : "elasticsearch",
"status" : "green",
"timed_out" : false,
"number_of_nodes" : 1,
"number_of_data_nodes" : 1,
"active_primary_shards" : 126,
"active_shards" : 126,
"relocating_shards" : 0,
"initializing_shards" : 0,
"unassigned_shards" : 0,
"delayed_unassigned_shards" : 0,
"number_of_pending_tasks" : 0,
"number_of_in_flight_fetch" : 0,
"task_max_waiting_in_queue_millis" : 0,
"active_shards_percent_as_number" : 100.0
}

elasticsearch version is 2.4.4.

Can anyone help me on this as i have to go live in few days.

@manoranjan if you restart Kibana, does it start working again?

No it does not, tried changing elasticsearch request time out as well but
it didn't help

@manoranjan is there anything in the Elasticsearch logs?

No there is nothing in ES log

I think it has to do with heap size: my total Heap size is 784 MB and Heap used is 772.67, I have read some where that we should reduce the use of field data and use doc values instead. Can you guide me how to do that as I am kinda new to ES.

@manoranjan I'd recommend moving this topic over to the Elasticsearch forum, as there will be a lot more knowledgeable people over there who can help you with this.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.