Built_assets/dll folder is empty in the kibana tar file(linux) generated from the source code

I am using kibana 7.6.2. I followed this guide(https://github.com/elastic/kibana/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#setting-up-your-development-environment) to create the build from the kibana source code. Build was successful and I can see tar files in the target folder also. But when I tried to install the generated kibana tar and open the kibana page, I am getting the error - "Kibana did not load properly. Check the server output for more information."

I tried to debug the issue. Then I came to know .., there is folder called built_assets/dlls is empty in the generated kibana tar file. But when I download the tar from the kibana release page and unzipped it . There I can see dlls folder and many files in it. Am I doing anything wrong in my build process. Please advise.

Steps I followe to build:

1. Downloaded the source code
  2. yarn kbn bootstrap
  3. yarn build --skip-os-packages

If you're trying to build the project from source to then install and use, use node script/build.js --release to generate a build.

If you're trying to look around in the Kibana source, try yarn es snapshot to run elasticsearch locally and then in a new terminal window yarn start to start the Kibana server.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.