Calculating page views and downloads for web logs

How to create a dashboard using page views and downloads.
First I need to find a way to determine the page views and downloads from a web log file. I don't know if I have to write a function in logstash or if there is a way to do it in Kibana.
I am new to ELK and any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello Saahithi,

Our blogs can be a good place to start for a good walk-through of this functionality. You might try this one:

Feel free to search the blogs and see if any other posts are helpful too though! In addition to Logstash, Beats can be another way of harvesting large amounts of data to use in Elasticsearch. Specifically a Filebeat would likely work here.

https://www.elastic.co/products/beats/filebeat

Once you're done getting your data into Elasticsearch, then check our blogs and documentation for some good information on setting up Kibana visualizations.

I hope that gets you started!

Regards,
Aaron

Thanks for the reply Aaron. I went through the blog. I must say, it is really helpful. The log parsing and grok functions are very well explained. Although I dint find anything about page views or downloads. I think I missed something. Please help me with this when you can.

Thank you

Hi Aaron,

I have the same question about determining the page views from a web log file. I have parsed the log using Grok. I would like to know how to get the number of page views using Kibana?

I am new to ELK and I truly appreciate your help.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.