Can I create a URL link for each data view on the Discover page?

I have multiple data views maintained in Kibana's Discover.
I am happy to switch between data views from the UI on Discover and see the contents of each data view, but I noticed that the URL does not contain any information about the data view.

Is there a good way to get project members to see the Discover page "for this data view"?
For example, can I give each data view a separate URL?

We currently operate by sending the Discover URL, opening the link, and then switching the data view to the desired one, but it confuses the members for a little while if the first data view they see is not the one they want.

You an use the “share” button at the top of the page to generate a link that you can share and send.

Thanks for the reply.

That is exactly the link I am talking about.
This URL does not contain the data view information.

Please create two data views to try and create a URL for sharing in each. They will be identical.

Hi @its-ogawa,

What version do you use?

Hi. @jughosta
Thanks for your reply.
The version is 8.6.2.

# curl -XGET http://localhost:9200
{
  ... snip ...
  "version" : {
    "number" : "8.6.2",
    ... snip ...

},
  "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

Thanks!

Before changing the data view and sharing the link, do you open a saved search or start a new one?

What sharing option do you use?

I get distinct, different URLs that open to the views I expect. It seems that jughosta will be able to help you, though.

Thanks, Julia

Yes, I am. I open a saved search.
When I switch data views and create a shared URL, the URL link is still in the last saved data view.

Let me be more specific.---

• I maintain two or more different servers (let's say, A, B)
  • I collect maillog from A, B using Filebeat
  • I customize the fields through Logstash filters before storing them in Elasticsearch
  • Kibana customizes the view to show only a part of the customized fields.
  • We display the maillog of A, give it a name (let's say, maillog view) with the view customized, and save it.
  • Next, when you switch data views and select B, the view remains the same and the B maillog is displayed.
  • Now, when I create a URL to share and access the URL, the A maillog is initially displayed (because I customized the view and saved it in the A state)
  • I believe it would be useful to have a direct access link to the B log as well!
  • I would like to send the view I have created to the person in charge of both A and B.

This issue with sharing modified saved searches was fixed in 8.9.

For earlier versions only creating separate saved searches would work.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.