Can I upgrade my existing ELK setup to 8.x?

Yes, I have got a new password and after restarting the kibana service I could see the authorization is working now as it prompted me for the username/password when I accessed the kibana GUI. Now, I am able to get in for the GUI by using the login credentials of elastic.

With the above I am also able to see that the critical error under the Elasticsearch depreciation issues also have got cleared and now I am working on clearing the 2nd one from the list.

1. Warning

Disk watermarks do not treat single-node clusters differently in versions 8.0 and later.

Disk watermarks do not treat single-node clusters differently in versions 8.0 and later, which will affect the behavior of this cluster. Set [cluster.routing.allocation.disk.watermark.enable_for_single_data_node] to [true] to adopt the future behavior before upgrading. (nodes impacted: [ELK-test, ELK-test])

Would request you to please provide the docs on upgrading from 7.17 to 8.11.

Also the purpose of this upgrade plan on the main ELK production server is because we were seeing filebeat 8.x indices from the other client servers were being pushed and the ILM implemented was for filebeat 7.17 on the main ELK.

Hence the client requested to check if we can upgrade the main ELK to the 8.x so that the issue can be resolved instead of downgrading the other client servers to 7.17.

Just for reference on the above filebeat 8.x issue reported Question regarding filebeat indexes for version 8.11.x and ILM - #8 by Ravi_Pattar

Thanks,
Ravi