ELK stack upgrade 7.13.4 to 8.1

I apologize in advance if this topic has already been addressed, but I am relatively new to this type of configurations.

I currently have the stack (ES, Kibana and Filebeat) at version 7.13.4 but I want to update to the latest one. Note that I only use a single node.

From what I understand, I must first upgrade to version 7.17.1 so that later I can use the migration assistant to upgrade to version 8.1.

My questions is as follows:

1. is the stack upgrade from version 7.13.4 to version 7.17.1 peaceful? Do I need to pay attention to any specific details?

2. from version 7.17.1 to 8.1 the upgrade assistant helps throughout the process?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

The upgrade guide should be your best documentation here. Upgrade to Elastic 8.1.1 | Elastic Installation and Upgrade Guide [8.1] | Elastic - in general you're right, that minor version upgrades should work and major version upgrades need preparation, i.e. via the upgrade assistant and also checking the breaking changes docs.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.