Can we linked two visualization from different index in one dashboard

Hi,

I have a ELK setup of 7.10.0v.
I am having two different index with some common filed names.
I want to create one dashboard with index1 and index2, so the question is can we linked two visualization in one dashboard?

Regards,
Tahseen

I'm not sure what you mean by linking, but you can mix visualizations from different index patterns on a single dashboard, that's not an issue. Filters will be applied to all visualizations.

Hi @flash1293

I did that, I have created one dashboard with different index pattern and when I have applied the filter it was reflecting for only in one visualization. It was supposed to refelect on both the visualization beacuse the index has a same field name with same values.

Regards,
Tahseen

I justed tested this locally and it works fine for me. Can you export your saved objects (index patterns, visualizations, dashboard) and provide them here?

Hi @flash1293

Thanks for your help. I tried with fresh steps as you mentioned and thankfully I am able to filter common columns and it is working fine now. Though, I have done this on sample data. In case if I need any further help I will ask you.

Regards,
Tahseen

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.