Cannot delete plugin in 6.1

I added an ingest-geoip plugin in 6.1.3 but after upgrading to 6.2 i am trying to remove and re-install but elasticsearch wont let me perfom the uninstall and throws a java exception

/usr/share/elasticsearch# sudo bin/elasticsearch-plugin remove ingest-geoip
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: plugin [ingest-geoip] is incompatible with version [6.2.0]; was designed for version [6.1.3]
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginInfo.readFromProperties(PluginInfo.java:224)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.getPluginBundles(PluginsService.java:329)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.RemovePluginCommand.execute(RemovePluginCommand.java:89)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.RemovePluginCommand.execute(RemovePluginCommand.java:67)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:75)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginCli.main(PluginCli.java:48)

I manually deleted the ingest-geoip folder from the plugin directory and reinstalled the plugin and it worked but not sure why the command failed via CLI

It’s a bug. I am terribly sorry that you ran into this and we will have a release available with a fix ASAP.

We shipped Elasticsearch 6.2.1 today with a fix for this issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.