Can't upgrade x-pack and ingest-geoip to 6.2

If I try to install x-pack it fails saying that it's incompatible. If I try to remove x-pack to install 6.2 and it says it's incompatible also:

/usr/share/elasticsearch# ES_PATH_CONF=/etc/elasticsearch bin/elasticsearch-plugin remove x-pack
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: plugin [x-pack] is incompatible with version [6.2.0]; was designed for version [6.1.3]
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginInfo.readFromProperties(PluginInfo.java:224)
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.getPluginBundles(PluginsService.java:329)
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.RemovePluginCommand.execute(RemovePluginCommand.java:89)
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.RemovePluginCommand.execute(RemovePluginCommand.java:67)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:75)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginCli.main(PluginCli.java:48)

Please help :frowning:

I had to downgrade elasticsearch to 6.1.3, uninstal both plugins, upgrade to 6.2 and install them again.. really annoying.. :frowning:

did you specify --purge when uninstalling?

See

And How to downgrade ES from 6.2 to 6.1.3

1 Like

We shipped Elasticsearch 6.2.1 today with a fix for this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.