Cant able to see Infrastructure section in kibana

Hi,

i am using Elastic stack of version 7.1.1 with x-pack enabled,
i am using a user elastic which has super_user role but still cant able to see the infrastructure section in kibana.

I'm getting the below error :

Failed to load data sources.

Error:
 GraphQL error: [object Object]: [security_exception] action 
[indices:data/read/field_caps] is unauthorized for user [elastic]

What all roles does a user should have to see the infrastructure section in Kibana?

Please help me solve it

How are your permissions configured? Are you using any plugins with elasticsearch or kibana?

Thanks for the reply @mattkime,

No third party plugins, i have just enabled x-pack on elastic nodes and created 4 users : elastic , kibana , apm_user , logstash_user

Then i logged into kibana as elastic user which is having super_user role and when i open the infrastructure section in kibana it's displaying the following error

Failed to load data sources.

Error:
 GraphQL error: [object Object]: [security_exception] action 
[indices:data/read/field_caps] is unauthorized for user [elastic]

All i want to know is what all roles are required for a user to see the infrastructure section in the kibana. or how to reset the default infrastructure configuration (like changing the index pattern from which it should collect metrics from)

Please help solve this.

Have you checked the permissions of the elastic user on your es cluster? https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/defining-roles.html

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.